University of Maryland EMBA in Leadership at University of International Business and Economics Beijing (UIBE) China
ARE YOU READY TO BECOME THE LEADER YOU KNOW YOU CAN BE?
If you answered “Yes,” then you’re ready for the Leadership EMBA in China. Delivered in partnership with the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE), the Sino-Smith EMBA uses the same principles and faculty of the Smith School’s domestic EMBA program, ranked No. 15 by the Financial Times (2010). Now multinational executives and China’s current and future business leaders can take advantage of world-class scholarship while earning an MBA degree from the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
Reinventing yourself and the organization
With a unique focus on executive leadership development, the Leadership EMBA in China is an intense, fast-paced program that will challenge and push you in every way. Typical MBA programs prepare students with functional knowledge of an organization. The Leadership EMBA in China focuses on developing senior leadership and preparing you to go back to your organization and deliver impact.
The core business disciplines are covered in depth but are taught from an executive perspective. The knowledge is then brought to bear on several action learning projects, where you and your classmates create firms, refine processes and learn how to lead change within those firms. Finally, you will focus on the mastery of leadership skills and competencies— beginning with an array of personal development tools and appraisals—to help establish a baseline and measure your progress throughout the program.
If you’re ready for a life-changing experience, if you’re ambitious and innovative, if you’re ready to lead, then the Leadership EMBA in China is the right program for you.
The UIBE-Smith Leadership EMBA has been delivered in China for more than 10 years, in partnership with the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE). This joint Executive MBA program uses the same principles, curriculum and faculty as the Smith EMBA program in College Park, Maryland which was ranked No. 13 by The Economist 2013. Multinational executives and China’s current and future global business leaders can fully take great advantage of the world-class faculty from the University of Maryland, start their experiential and reality-based learning experience, cultivating entrepreneurial spirit, ultimately reaching their personal and professional goals while earning an MBA degree from the University of Maryland.
PROGRAM SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Focusing on Comprehensive Leadership Development, Innovation and Global strategy
- Complimentary Executive Coaching of up to 7 hours
- Using the same principles and faculty as the University of Maryland‘s top-ranked program in the US
- 18-month program with 4 days of classroom time per month at the UIBE campus
- Concludes with a weeklong Capstone Course in Washington DC and Maryland Campus
- MBA Degree from University of Maryland
- No GMAT or TOEFL required
- A 4 year undergraduate degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 8-10+ years of progressive professional experience and 4 years of management experience English Proficiency
CNY 455,000 (Around US$ 73,000) for 18 month
Text books, case studies, reading articles and other materials needed for each course.
5-star Hotel Accommodation and meals during the 7-day capstone course in College Park, Maryland
Entry VISAs to the US
Airfare to/from the US
ABOUT THE SMITH SCHOOL
- Internationally recognized leader in management education and research
- Offers undergraduate, full-time, part-time, online, and executive MBA, exec utive MS, PhD, and executive education programs, as well as outreach ser vices to the corporate community.
- Accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- One of 12 colleges and schools at the University of Maryland, College Park
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- Our faculty members are inspiring, supportive and world-class.
- A learning community that is determined, supportive, analytical, and inspire d.
- We are attuned to a marketplace that values innovation, entrepreneurialism, analytical thinking and hard work.
- Our teaching and research equips students with the wisdom of business scholarship rooted in the experiential lessons of the marketplace.
HOW WE RANK
No. 2 student satisfaction (Bloomberg Business week, 2012)
No. 2 career services (Bloomberg Business week, 2012)
No. 2 teachers (Bloomberg Business Week, 2012)
No. 13 executive MBA program, U.S. (The Economist, 2013)
No. 11 PhD program, world (Financial Times, 2014)
No. 18 undergraduate program, U.S. (2014 U.S. News & Report, 2013)
No. 22 part-time MBA program, U.S. (2015 U.S. News & Report, 2014)
No. 24 full-time MBA program, U.S. (Bloomberg Business week, 2012)
No. 24 research, world (Financial Times, 2014)
OUR NOTABLE ALUMNI
- Robert H. Smith ’50, University of Maryland’s single greatest benefactor.
- Leo Van Munching ‘50, former CEO of Heineken, North America.
- Ed Snider ‘55, chairman of Comcast-Spectator and owner of the Philadelph ia Flyers.
- William Mayer ’66, MBA ’67 , chair of Park Avenue Equity Partners and former CEO of First Boston Corporation, now Credit Suisse.
- Carly Fiorina, MBA ‘80, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard.
- Rob McGovern ‘83, founder of CareerBuilder.com.
- Beatriz Perez ‘91, chief sustainability officer at Coca-Cola.
- Kevin Plank ‘96, founder and CEO of Under Armour.